Non-healing wounds are complex, and treatment often requires the specialized knowledge of skilled professionals. The wound care clinic at UT Health Jacksonville is committed to correcting contributing factors, control infection and enhancing medical and nutritional elements to create an ideal healing environment.
Types of wounds treated at the UT Health Jacksonville wound clinic include:
- Chronic, non-healing wounds.
- Diabetic foot ulcers, lower leg ulcers and pressure ulcers (bed sores).
- Skin tears or lacerations.
- Slow or non-healing surgical wounds.
- Brown recluse spider wounds.
- Venous stasis ulcers.
- Arterial ulcers.
Your individualized treatment plan may include:
- Doppler evaluation of pulse.
- Blood work.
- Specialized wound dressings.
- Wound debridement.
- Compression therapy.
- Advanced cellular products.
- Edema management.
- Non-invasive vascular assessment.
For information, please call the UT Health Jacksonville wound care clinic at 903-541-5143. To schedule an appointment, please contact your primary care provider to facilitate a referral. Additionally, our fax number is 903-541-5341.